Our Preschool Program is designed to help children acquire the social and learning skills they will need for school.
Our goal is to make sure their transition into school is successful!
Our Creative Curriculum, coupled with theme-based approach encourages children to develop creativity and critical thinking skills. We develop our lesson plans to help your child grow and enhance their confidence and gain the skills and abilities that will contribute to their school readiness. Each theme offers a variety of activities and skills with emphasis on hands on science, math and early literacy. Our Preschool Program will ensure they develop the following range of skills for a successful transition into Kindergarten:
- Social Skills & Independence – An integral part of early childhood development is imaginative and cooperative play. They will develop a sense of self, build their imagination and problem solving skills.
- Language Skills – At this age, preschoolers are talking more! We will help them develop into readers and writers by practicing letters and their sounds and reading lots of books together.
- Math Skills – Numbers, counting and other pre-math skills.
- Fine Motor Skills – Their pincer grip and finger strength will be developed through writing, arts and crafts and sensory play.
- Gross Motor Skills – Our program provides physical activity twice a day where active play will be enjoyed. Our program also offers outdoor activities and enrichment programs like dancing, yoga and sports. We have 3 areas for free play: Large gym, Active Zone (for tumbling), and secure outside playground.
Our Learning Centers for Purposeful Play & Discovery
DRAMATIC PLAY CENTER– Creative and imaginative play is an integral part of the developmental learning process. It allows children to develop social/emotional, physical, cognitive, and language skills. Our dramatic play has a variety of props to encourage creative expression and imagination like dress-up clothes, pretend play kitchen sets, puppets and more.
SCIENCE CENTER – Science play provides abundant opportunities for children to learn science concepts and deepen their understanding of the world around them. Our Science area includes a variety of science tools, materials, and collections for children to explore. They will also also have fun with hands-on science experiments!
LIBRARY & WRITING CENTER – Children learn about reading through adults. Our library contains child favorites and books read aloud by teachers. Through this practice, they learn that books are special and contain interesting pictures and stories.
MATH & BLOCK CENTER – Manipulative sets and block play are fundamental for learning math and numbers. Our math/block centers contains blocks, Legos, puzzles, gears and other manupulatives which will help them learn about sizing, shapes, matching and sorting.
MUSIC CENTER – Playing instruments and experimenting with sound can help children develop their gross and fine motor skills and improve their listening skills. Our music areas feature a variety of instruments like tambourines, maracas, keyboards and more!
MOVEMENT CENTERS – Physical activity and gross motor activity are important in promoting healthy growth and development. We have 3 areas for free play: Active Zone – padded room for tumbling; large gym with toys and basketball hoops; and secure outside playground.
ART CENTER – Children’s creativity progresses with exposure to the arts. Our art area contains an easel board and/or table where children can paint and draw. It is stocked with easel paper, construction paper, as well as paint brushes, crayons, markers – all which aid in fine motor skills.